Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day Twenty-two - A well-deserved day of rest for the boys!

Today was a nice quiet day for the kids...and I'm sure that they appreciated it after the day at the amusement park. Both Julie and I had to work today, so Kanta, Kendall, and Gabby were able to stay at home and relax. And play games! Gabby taught Kanta how to play a board game called "Battleship" - they were still playing it when I arrived home from work, and it looked like it was a really good way for Kanta to work on his English! I could tell that they were having a lot of fun.

This evening was the "Court of Honor" for the Boy Scouts, and Kanta received a special award - it was the picture from the last day of scout camp, and all the boys signed around the picture for him. I know they are going to miss him!

After the Court of Honor, Kanta and Kendall and all their friends played outside for the rest of the evening while Julie and I took Joshua in to town to get ready for his departure tomorrow. We are sure going to miss Joshua (he'll be gone for two years), but very excited for his opportunity to go to Chile as a missionary. We are taking Joshua tomorrow, and after we drop him off, Julie is going to come home. Kanta, Kendall, and I are going to go to a baseball game in Salt Lake City. That should be a great time - the weather has been perfect for baseball!



No comments:

Post a Comment