Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day Seventeen - The Wild, Wild West

It was another great day. The kids were able to sleep late this morning, which I'm sure they really enjoyed. Later when the sun got hot they went outside and had a water fight with all the boys from the neighborhood. I wish I would have been here to take pictures of that. They had two teams, and had to spray each other with water. Perfect for a nice warm day.

This evening after I came home from work, we went to the county fair - just for a few minutes - and then went to the rodeo! The rodeo was ok...it was a small rodeo, but still interesting. When we lived in California we went to the California Rodeo in Salinas, and it was big...today's was much smaller. Still we had a good time. I think Kanta enjoyed the trick riders - women on horses that were able to do some amazing tricks on the horses. I think he enjoyed the barrel racing too - watching the women race around barrels on their horses, as fast as they could go. Me? I like the bull riding :)

On the way home we listened to music on my ipod (like we always do), and then I remembered that I have a Japanese song on there - Sukiyaki. So we played it...I know it is old, but I think Kanta really liked it. He sang along to it, so I guess he liked it!

Kanta and Kendall with the mascot of the Utah State University Aggies - Big Blue!

Kendall, Kanta, and Gabby with three members of the Utah State University women's soccer team...and Big Blue! These women are picked to finish first this year - go Aggies!

Julie, Kendall, and Kanta - waiting for the rodeo to start

Beautiful mares and colts running in the arena.

Kanta performing his world-famous bottle levitation magic trick...

...now Kendall trying to do the same "magic trick" as Kanta :)

The trick riders and ropers from California...these women were incredible!

Barrel racing...

...more barrel racing...

...and more barrel racing!

The bull, right after it threw the rider off

No comments:

Post a Comment